everything youve ever wanted to know about what we know about you
Method Products PBC.
Personal Information is information that is personally identifiable like names, addresses, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
Anonymous Information means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY AND BY USING THE SERVICES OR SUBMITTING PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THE SERVICES, YOU ARE EXPRESSLY CONSENTING TO SUCH PROCESSING.
What information do we collect?
Information you provide us: We may collect the following Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us through a number of features available on the Method website. For example:
- If you register through the Properties to receive our newsletter, we collect your full name, and e-mail address
- If you submit a product review through Facebook connect, we collect your profile information
- When you contact us through our Contact Us submission form, we will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) your e-mail, so that we can respond to your questions and comments.
Your participation in any of these activities is voluntary and we only use the personal information that you provide for the purposes for which it was collected.
You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving e-mail or other communication at any time.
Information we collect automatically:
- Properties usage information: Method and our thirdparty service providers may also use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how our visitors are browsing the site, including your operating system, browser type, pages visited, your use of tools on the Properties. This data helps us understand what content and services are most relevant to you, so we can customize our Properties to your needs.
- Server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your internet service provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit one of our Properties, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as routing visitors to the appropriate website for the visitors country, calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our Properties. If you accessed one of our Properties using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phones unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
Information we collect through Third Parties
- Location data: Some of our Properties may allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your ZIP code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services. With your consent, some of our Properties also may capture and record certain geo-location or global positioning data in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Properties.
Purchases Made Through One of Our Properties
How do we use the information we collect?
In general, we use the information (including Personal Information) you submit to us or our third parties to respond to requests you make or to improve our Services and better meet the needs of our consumers. Examples of how we might use this information include:
- To complete online transactions you have made or to fulfill orders you have placed
- Respond to or follow-up on your inquiries, comments, questions or other requests
- Deliver targeted advertising
- Conduct research or analysis surrounding our Products, business or properties
- Communicate with you about programs in which you elected to participate including contest, sweepstakes, coupons or other promotions
- Publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features
- Make project recommendations to you based on past browsing behavior
What information do you we share?
We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our users (including in connection with payments). However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Services.
We may share Anonymous Information that cannot identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites, the number of people who have downloaded a particular coupon or the number of people from a certain state who purchased a Product from our third party partner.
What choices do you have regarding your Personal Information?
We will include unsubscribe instructions in each newsletter or promotional communication you receive from us.
When we delete information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases, but may remain in our archives.
Links to Other Websites
Privacy of Minors
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under the age of 13. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardians consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Security and Confidentiality
Method has put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no company, including Method, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Method restricts authorized access to your Personal Information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information. We also require that third parties providing services on our behalf protect Personal Information and not use it for purposes other than providing assistance to Method.
Because we are a global company, your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Properties, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.